Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Bead Box is Set To Leave Maryland!

The Beads of Courage Tiger came to visit the Eastern Shore of Maryland this week, and he got to hang out with my Valentine's Day present, a vintage pink typewriter.  I heard him typing away on it late into the night (I wonder who he was writing letters to?).


The box was filled to bursting -- I mean, literally bursting.  I don't know what the post office is doing these days with packages, but luckily, nothing was lost or broken (kudos to the ladies before me for their awesome bubble wrapping skills!).  Here's what my excited eyes viewed upon first opening the Best Little Bead Box:


I wasn't kidding when I said it was full!

I spent an hour going through all the goodies.  There was EVERYTHING in there, from seed beads to handmade lampwork to gemstones to handmade ceramic.  A feast of beady goodness.  I finally ended up choosing these:


There's a ceramic pendant, ceramic button, and ceramic earring pair, some jasper, some pewter, and a little bit of silver.  The rest is Czech glass and lucite that I plan to use for kid's bracelets.  All of those bright, cheerful beads came at JUST the right time, because I was tapped out of my "kid stash".  Oh, and I nabbed a couple of packs of seed beads just because they were pretty.

Here's what I put back in:


Lots of glass (Czech and otherwise), TierraCast clasps and links, dyed chalcedony briolettes, Swarovski squaredelles in black and sapphire, three sets of vintage copper and enamel connectors, some vintage jewelry that can be taken apart for other projects, copper tape for soldering projects, and a mix of handmade artisan lampwork and ceramic....


Ceramic by Dot Winchell and Earthenwood Designs, a silk bead by Kristal Wick, and lampwork glass from Dawn White....

 

... and more handmade lampwork glass.  The heart is by Red Hot Sal and the disks (embellished by me) were made by Jennifer Cook, but for the life of me I can't remember who made that boro twist.  Eek.

The box will be on its way tomorrow, packed in a fresh new box, ready for more adventures.  I can't wait to see what comes out and goes into it next!


 Lori Anderson creates jewelry for her web site, Lori Anderson Designs, and wrote the blog An Artist's Year Off.  She's also a contributor to Art Bead Scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment